TAMILNADU NEET UG COUNSELLING 2020
DME – DIRECTORATE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION, Tamil Nadu is the Governing body which conducts Medical/Dental counseling in the State for the 85% State quota and 100% Private Seats for the students of the state.
There are 27 Government College consisting of 3647 seats, out of which 547 seats got filled through AIQ (All India Quota) and remaining 3100 got filled through State counseling process.
Tamil Nadu allows other students also to participate in the counseling process to opt Private seats under Management quota.
There were 3 rounds of counseling, Round 1 and 2 conducted online, mop up was conducted offline.
Get My University Observations
As per “Get My University” research, Tamil Nadu has one of the highest numbers of Government seat to be offered to the state domicile students. There was huge competition for the Government seats, in total 31353 students applied for 3100 Government seat. 10 students were fighting for 1 seat.
Important information which we found useful for Medical Aspirant looking for seat In Tamil Nadu state counseling are as follows:
- If anyone in any circumstances misses to participate in person in round 1 will not be allowed to participate in subsequent round/
- On the basis of NEET Rank state will prepare its own merit list considering people who have applied.
- Candidates are required to send hard copy of their online filled in application with necessary enclosure.
- Community certificate needs to be obtained from Tamil Nadu only, certificate obtained from other states will be considered as open category only.
- There are self-financed Government seat at a higher fee structure but only those students are allowed to participate whose parent’s income is higher than 2.5 lakh per annum for the entire category except those who converted to Christianity, these candidates can apply if their parent’s income is more than 2 Lacs.
- All selected students are required to take Hepatitis B Vaccine before the commencement of class.
We would like to advice our medical aspirant to look into all the necessary information, before they go ahead with the form filling. We suggest you to take proper counseling to explore more opportunities. Connect with our team for more details.
Counselling HIGHLIGHTS for Tamilnadu mbbs 2020
|Name of the Organization||TNHEALTH NEET UG|
|Exam Name||NEET (National Eligibility & Entrance Test)|
|No. of counseling rounds||2 Rounds + 1 Mop up|
|No of Participating Colleges||Government : 27 Private : 13|
|Domicile Status||Open for State Domicile for Govt. seats and Pvt. Non domicile open only for Management quota in Pvt.|
|Cutoff for Government College||Round 1: GN - 2095 OBC - 3286 SC – 11036 ST - 17248 Round 2: GN - 2846 OBC - 3484 SC – 10232 ST - 19226|
|Cutoff for Private College||Round 1: GN - 2744 OBC - 3364 SC – 19626 ST - 18040 Round 2: GN - 5806 OBC - 4059 SC – 11891 ST - 23314|
|Number of Seats||State Govt. 3100 Private - 1700|
|Average Fee Year Range||Government: 13600 - 554370 Private: 355000 – 400000 Non domicile - 1250000|
Counselling schedule for Tamilnadu mbbs 2020
Mentioned above is a tentative schedule. Counselling is expected to get delayed due to COVID 19. Fresh schedule will be available as soon it is online.
|Release of application form||Last week of June 2020|
|Last date to register||First week of July 2020|
|Last date to submit the receipt of application||First week of July 2020|
|Merit list will be published on||Second week of July 2020|
|First round of counselling for government quota (phase I)||Third week of July 2020|
|Round one counselling for government quota (phase II)||Depends on AIQ counselling schedule|
|Seat allotment result||Third week of July 2020|
|Management quota counselling round one||Last week of July 2020|
|Result of counselling||First week of August 2020|
|Government quota second round of counselling||Second week of August 2020|
|TN MBBS/BDS seat allotment result||Second week of August 2020|
|Management quota second round of counselling||Last week of August 2020|
|Tamil Nadu MBBS results||Last week of August 2020|
Eligibility in tamilnadu UG Counselling
- The qualifying examination should be passed with minimum of 50% marks (40% for reserve category candidates) in PCB and English subjects.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
- The lower age limit to apply is 17 years as on 31st December in the year of admission.
- The upper age limit is 25 years and 5 years of age relaxation for reserve categories.
- Overseas Citizens of India, who are registered under Section 7A of the Citizenship Act, 1955 (Central Act 57 of 1955) are eligible to apply for MBBS/BDS Degree Courses subject to the production of proof of such registration. However, OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation and will be treated only as Open Category.
- Only candidates who have qualified in NEET 2019 entrance test by achieving minimum 50 percentile for General and 40 Percentile for SC/ST will be eligible to participate in the Tamil Nadu NEET 2019 counseling.
- Tamil Nadu Domicile candidates can only apply for State Government Seats and Private seats.
- Non domicile are eligible to apply for Private seats under Management quota.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open School or as private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for ‘National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test’. Furthermore, study of Biology / Biotechnology as an Additional subject at 10+2 level also shall not be permissible.
COUNSELLING PROCESS of TAMILNADU ug
1Fill the form online on www.tnhealth.org Candidates should submit their filled in online application form after uploading the details in the required fields. They should send the printout of filled in online application form with necessary enclosures. The cost of application form of Rs.500/- (Rupees Five Hundred Only) should be paid through online payment via. Bank payment portal in the websites or by means of Demand Draft drawn in favor of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai.2Send Application form to THE SECRETARY, SELECTION COMMITTEE, 162, PERIYAR E.V.R. HIGH ROAD, KILPAUK, CHENNAI – 10.
3Publication of Merit list.
4Publication Of Result
5Document Verification, Fee Submission and Reporting.
6Willingness to go for the upgradation or surrender of seat.
7After 2nd round if no allotment happened, person is eligible to participate in the Mop up round.
list of Documents for TAMILNADU ug counselling
Candidates will have to bring the original documents for verification & attach the self-attested copies of the given documents with the application:
- Class 10th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- 10+2 or its Equivalent Examination Mark Sheet
- NEET Rank Card
- Date of Birth Proof
- School Leaving Certificate or Transfer Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate
- PwD Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Photo ID proof
SEAR MATRIX IN tamilandu mbbs COUNSELLING
|Rajah Muthiah Medical College & Hospital||Chidambaram||Government||150|
|Coimbatore Medical College||Coimbatore||Government||150|
|Chengalpattu Medical College||Chengalpattu||Government||100|
|Dharmapuri Medical College Dharmapuri||Dhrmapuri||Government||100|
|Government Medical College and ESI Hospital||Coimbatore||Government||100|
|Kilpauk Medical College||Chennai||Government||150|
|Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College||Salem||Government||100|
|Thiruvannamalai Medical College||Tiruvannamalai||Government||100|
|Irt Perundurai Medical College||Perundurai||Government||100|
|Government Medical College Kanyakumari||Kanyakumari||Government||150|
|Madurai Medical College||Madurai||Government||250|
|Madras Medical College||Chennai||Government||250|
|Sivagangai Medical College||Sivagangai||Government||100|
|Stanley Medical College||Chennai||Government||250|
|Theni Medical College||Theni||Government||100|
|Thoothukudi Medical College||Toothkudi||Government||150|
|Thanjavur Medical College||Thanjavur||Government||150|
|Thiruvarur Government Medical College Hospital||Thiruvarur||Government||100|
|Vellore Medical College||Vellore||Government||100|
|Government Pudukkottai Medical College Hospt Pudukkott||Pudukkottai||Government||150|
|Government Medical College Tirunelveli||Tirunelveli||Government||250|
|ESIC Medical College Chennai||Chennai||Government||150|
|Government Karur Medical College||Karur||Government||150|
|K.A.P.Viswanatham Government Medical College||Tiruchirapalli||Government||250|
|Villupuram Medical College||Villupuram||Government||100|
|Government Medical College Omandurar||Omandurar||Government||150|
|Annapoorna Medical College & Hospital||Salem||Private||150|
|Madha Medical College & Hospital||Chennai||Private||100|
|Chettinad Hospital & Research Institute||Kancheepuram||Private||150|
|KARPAGAM FACULTY of MEDICAL SCIENCES and RESEARCH||Coimbatore||Private||150|
|K M C H Institute of Health Science||Coimbatore||Private||150|
|Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Medical College & Hospital||Perambalur||Private||100|
|Sree Mookambikai Institute of Medical Sciences||Kanyakumari||Private||150|
|Melmaruvathur Adhiparasakthi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research||Kancheepuram||Private||150|
|PSG Institute of Medical Sciences & Research||Coimbatore||Private||100|
|Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Medical Sciences||Kancheepuram||Private||150|
|Trichy SRM Medical College Hospital & Research Centre||Tiruchirapalli||Private||150|
|Sri Muthukumaran Medical Colleges & Hospital||Chennai||Private||150|
|Velammal Medical College Hospital & Research Institute||Madurai||Private||150|
|Tagore Medical College & Hospital||Chennai||Private||100|
|Christian Medical College, Vellore||Vellore||Private||100|
*Kindly click on page numbers above view fill table contents. You can also search values in top right search bar.
categorieS in TAMILNADU counselling
|Category A||Seats in Government Medical Colleges.|
|Category B||B1. Rajah Muthiah Medical College/ Annamalai University/ Chidambaram. B2. I.R.T Medical College/Perundurai/ Erode. B3. ESIC Medical College and PGIMSR/ K.K.Nagar/ Chennai.|
|Category C||Government Quota Seats in Self Financing Medical Colleges.|
|Category D||Seats in Government Dental College|
|Category E||Government Quota seats in Self Financing Dental Colleges|