Introduction About MBBS in Nepal
Medicine is one of the most respected and rewarding professions for Indian citizens since its origin. Almost 6 out of 10 students wish to be a doctor, once in their lifetime. But these dreams get shattered with the declaration of NEET exam results. The only option left for them is to choose from private universities of Medical Sciences in India, which is not a very good option as it is very expensive and on the same hand not available at every horizon which makes it less of a choice to select anyone from them.
Thus, for the students who do not get an enrollment seat in Indian Government Medical Universities, MBBS abroad is a fair option. The country Nepal has also become a preferred choice for Indian students for MBBS in Nepal because of the many favorable reasons. Out of many countries providing MBBS course at much affordable fee structure as compared to Indian private medical institutes, Nepal has always been an attractive offer.
Nepal offers MBBS at a lower fee as compared to institutes of India. Also, institutes in Nepal are well recognized by the highly reputed organizations such as MCI and WHO. Since Nepal is a developing country, a student gets exposure to the various extents of medicine and other horizons by selecting MBBS Nepal as their graduation option. Nepal MBBS colleges are known for their facilities, student-friendly environment, and many such good factors.
Benefits of Selecting MBBS from Nepal
There are a few key features of Nepal Medical Universities that make it suitable for the completion of the graduation and post-graduation in Medical Sciences for Indian students.
They are as follows:
- Similarities of pattern in many of the MBBS courses between Nepal MBBS and Indian MBBS: it is one the elementary and important factor that draws the attention and interest of Indian medical students towards the medicine options presented by Nepal MBBS universities.
- The MBBS Nepal is offered by the institutes and universities which are recognized by the trusted authorities of the medicine department i.e. MCI. Thus, this recognition helps in bringing a good number of admissions into Nepal MBBS.
- Indian students may find it a comforting feature, that many of the faculty members presently teaching in Nepal medical universities are Indians. This helps in easy understanding between the students and the teachers in a sense of similar nationality.
- The faculty members pay equal importance to the local students as well as students from other countries studying medicine in Nepal.
- The success rate of passing through the MCI screening test of students of any college of MBBS in Nepal is very high.
- These colleges provide extreme knowledge both practical & theoretical to ensure the success of students in every area.
- The quality of education provided by various universities and colleges for MBBS in Nepal is impeccable.
- This can be well examined by the pattern, syllabus and success stories of students of MBBS from Nepal.
- In terms of quality of education, Nepal MBBS is unquestioned.
- The expenditure on the university fees in Nepal is lesser than that of India and the MBBS colleges in Nepal may offer you more suitable options such as installments and scholarships.
- The affordable housing and living options make Nepal MBBS a better option than other abroad universities.
- Nepal is a neighboring country for India and thus, it is easier for students to travel back home in case of emergencies and worst scenarios.
- Also, the students do not need much expense to travel to and fro from home. These students can easily come back home at the time of festivals too, which is generally missed by the other abroad students.
- The other cost-related issues are very rare for MBBS students of Nepal, as the living & survival of a student is cheaper in Nepal as compared to that of other abroad countries.
- Nepal provides a “no-visa” policy to Indian students and thus documentation becomes very much easy.
- The procedure is also very hassle-free and convenient for all the students.
- There is no or very little religion difference in Nepal for Indian MBBS students, as the similarities between India and Nepal are very high.
- It provides a friendly environment for the Indian students, which helps them to adapt and survive in their new surroundings easily.
Duration of MBBS in Nepal
- In India, a normal medicinal course carries a duration of around 5 years including MBBS, BDS, etc. which is followed by further post-Graduation courses of around 3-4 years.
- Where all the other Graduations like honors or program courses have duration of 3 years.
- Similarly, the duration of MBBS course is five and a half year (5.5 year) for MBBS Nepal. Out of which equal and sufficient duration is divided into practical and theoretical aspects of the MBBS degree.
More About the Medical Course
- The initial years are entirely devoted to the theoretical classes and conceptual knowledge about the course and the subjects deeply.
- It may include the practical but actual application of concepts used in the initial year is performed in the last one year.
- In the last year of Graduation, students are required to join practical application in form of internships in the clinics or hospitals of college or universities itself.
- The other internships can be chosen based on the interests of students who can directly get themselves recruited after completion of course with their caliber and knowledge.
- The students can apply in any of the medical university of Nepal if their schooling is done with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main subjects.
- Although, students must stand on the eligibility criteria set by the University for getting enrollment in any of the MBBS institutes in Nepal or Medical Universities.
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS Nepal
There are certain eligibility criteria fixed by the Nepal Medical Universities which are must to be fulfilled by Indian students for getting a seat in the MBBS colleges affiliated to Nepal Medical Universities.
Eligibility criteria fixed by MBBS colleges in Nepal are as described below:
- In the preliminary step, the student must have an age greater or equal to 17 years to apply for MBBS in Nepal. The students below this age are not allowed to apply for enrollment.
- The students must have completed his/her 10+2 with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as their main subjects for getting enrollment in MBBS Nepal.
- In addition to this, he/she must have cleared all the subjects with at least 50 % of marks individually, in all the subjects and must secure more than 50% as aggregate in the main subjects.
- There is various entrance examinations, set up by Nepal Universities which are must to be qualified for getting a green light for enrollment in MBBS University. These exams may vary from University to University or college to college.
- For all the Indian students, it is a must to submit the eligibility certificate to the university chosen by the student.
- The eligibility certificate is issued to students by the Medical Council of India (MCI). Most of the Medical Universities are recognized by the same organization i.e. MCI.
- The students who are applying for MBBS Nepal must have a legit Indian passport and other documents.
- Visa is not required in Nepal for the Indian students.
Advantage of Studying MBBS in Nepal for Indian Students
MBBS Studies Advantages in Brief
- Every MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) aspirant of India dreams of getting admission in the best government college in India but unluckily, every person’s dream doesn’t turn into reality.
- Instead of considering over bad luck, one has to move forward to the new opportunities that provide an equal chance to enhance the career.
- This is the point where one considers opting for MBBS in Nepal.
- Indian people love to study MBBS in Nepal.
- It is a mixed feeling to study MBBS in Kathmandu based Medical College.
There is a plethora of benefits that are provided by the neighboring country Nepal to Indian students. Super 16 Advantages to MBBS in Nepal Students Are as Follow:
1. Simple Eligibility Criteria:
- Firstly, to get admission in medical universities in Nepal for studying MBBS, the eligibility criteria are Intermediate level with Medical stream (Biology) and one has to give the entrance examination as well.
- The entrance exams are Ministry of Education (MOE) Examinations and Kathmandu University Exams. Also Patan Academy examinations and BPKIHS examinations.
- Few seats are also available for direct admissions without an entrance examination.
- The Medical universities in Nepal are recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- Desirable study destination: Nepal is the most desirable study destination for Indian students on account of the number of good reasons. The culture of Nepal is a blend of Hindu and Buddhist.
- Reputed Universities in Nepal: As it is mentioned that all the colleges and universities are affiliated to Medical Council of India, so a recognized degree is provided to Indian students pursuing MBBS from Nepal.
- Course duration: The duration of MBBS in Nepal is five and a half year. During first four years, student will gain all the theoretical knowledge and clinical study. After four years, students will get an internship.
- Qualified Staff: The student can dislike a particular subject if it is not properly taught by the teacher. But in Nepal which is quite close to India a good number of the teaching staff in comprises of a good number of Indian professors.
The teaching faculties are well-qualified and dedicated towards the welfare of each and every student enrolled for the medical studies in the top MCI approved medical colleges in Nepal.
- Comfortable study destination: the food habit of India and Nepal are quite similar and so it becomes comfortable for Indian students to study in Nepal.
- No language barrier: There is no language proficiency test requirement for studying in Nepal like IELTS, PTE or TOEFL. There is no language barrier in Nepal as the teachers use to teach either in the Hindi language or in English.
- No study Visa required: In addition to this, the Indian students need not to follow for a visa to study MBBS in Nepal. Indian nationals can travel without any visa. Moreover, there is no rigorous document needed as India has a very close and friendly relation with Nepal. MBBS from Nepal is indeed a great choice for all.
- Internships: After the fourth year of MBBS in Nepal, the student will be eligible for applying internships in various medical establishments and will gain practical experience. During the period of internship, they will make sure that high level of knowledge and experience is gained by the medical students pursuing MBBS course.
- Various Scholarships: Scholarships are also provided by the medical universities in Nepal. The duration of MBBS is long along with high fee structure and it is not possible for middle class family to pay such a high fee. Keeping this in mind, the government of Nepal has the provision of scholarship program for the needy candidates.
- Cost of Living: The cost of living, while studying MBBS in Nepal, is quite low including other day-to-day expenses. It is also a big attraction for the Indian candidates coning from the economically backwards families.
- Installments: Some medical universities of Nepal allow needy candidates belonging to middle-class family pay tuition fee for MBBS Nepal in installments. It is even better than anything else.
- Lowest Package: To pay a high fee package for MBBS in Nepal is not a cup of the tea for every person. So, keeping this in mind, the government of Nepal has taken an initiative to make it possible for the NEET qualified candidates to do MBBS at a reasonable cost.
- Degree Recognition: MBBS from Nepal is recognized across the world and after the completion of MBBS one can appear for MCI screening test which will give an opportunity to practice medicine in India. Not all the content of the course is same but the pattern and guidelines are quite similar to that of Medical Council of India.
- Lower cost of study: If talking about the cost of study, then it is lower in medical universities of Nepal as compared to reputed Indian Universities. So, it offers an affordable fee structure for Indian students. Study medicine in Nepal is a good decision and it has become a selected destination for the students from the varied corners of India.
- Innovative Technologies: The medical colleges of Nepal are equipped with the best medical technology. The latest medical equipments, instruments and other medical devices are an added advantage for the medical learners enrolled in the medical universities in Nepal.
So, summing up MBBS in Nepal is a smart choice for the one who is passionate. All these above-mentioned benefits of MBBS in Nepal will help a student to become a doctor in a better way and it is like a dream come true.MBBS Experts located in Delhi is available for the medical aspirants 24×7 to assist in seeking admission the top medical universities in Nepal duly recognized by the Medical Council of India.
Subjects Offered by MBBS Nepal
MBBS Nepal comes with a wide screen of options for the MBBS aspirants.
The students are offered following subjects for pursuing the graduation degree from any of Nepal medical universities, subjects for choice are:
- Dental sciences and many more
Nepal offers a lot of options to its students. Nepal MBBS is also very beneficial as it offers MBBS in various fields along with Masters in Doctorate (MD) and other such courses including BDS (Dentistry), Physician, Psychiatrist, and other such sciences.
The duration of various courses offered by Nepal Medical Universities can be summarized as:-
- For MBBS – 6 years this includes one year of internship
- For BDS – 5 years including 1 year of internship
- For MD – 3 years
- For MS – 3 years
- For B.Sc. (Nursing) – 4 years
- For B.Sc. (Medical) – 3 years
Medical Colleges in Nepal
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences
- Chitwan Medical College
- College of Medical Sciences, Bharatpur
- Dhulikhel Medical Institute
- Institute of Medicine, Nepal
- Kathmandu Medical College
- Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences
- Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences
- Nepal Medical College
- Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology
Documents for MBBS Admission in Nepal Universities
Although Universities of Nepal for MBBS and other medical courses offer the students with a lot of facilities including hassle-free admission, there are a few documents students should ensure they have at the time of admission in any of these colleges.
The documents required at the counter of admission in any of MBBS colleges in Nepal are
- Mark sheets /certificates of 10th and 12th standards of a national/state board
- Birth certificate
- Nationality proof which may include voter ID, Aadhaar card, etc. which depicts your nationality
- Passport size photographs (or photographs)
- Passport (valid)
- The scorecard obtained from the result of NEET.
The most important document includes the MCI certificate as most of the colleges for MBBS in Nepal are recognized by MCI. Thus, the MCI certification holds extreme importance in case of enrollment in any of the colleges for MBBS in Nepal.
Admission Procedure for Study Medicine In Nepal
- Several universities are offering MBBS in Nepal and thus, the admission procedure may vary from one University to another.
- The differences in the procedure are slight yet noticeable.
- The well-known University for MBBS Nepal is Kathmandu University which holds no as such entrance exams for the students wishing to get enrolled.
- Indian or foreign students perhaps are supposed to appear and qualify on the entrance test for getting enrollment in any Nepalese colleges.
- The minimum score to be secured is 40-50% which will again depend on the selection of college and availability of seats.
- The Nepalese colleges hold no quota for Indian or foreign students under names like management quota or foreign quota, etc.
- There is no such direct admission in any of the colleges of MBBS in Nepal.
- One has to secure the required percentage in entrance examinations if you have to secure a seat.
- These entrance examinations exams are held in Aug/Sep.
- The eligibility criteria for applying for these exams remain the same.
Key intakes About the Education System in Nepal
- As discussed earlier, the study pattern and curriculum of Nepalese medical Universities are very similar to that of Indian medical colleges.
- The duration of MBBS Nepal is also similar to the duration of MBBS in India.
- MBBS Nepal is thus widely and open-heartedly accepted by the Indian students.
- The duration of the course is 5 and a half years with 1 year of the internship included during the Graduation.
- The course is divided as -3 years of the theoretical and the remaining duration i.e. 3 years are devoted to practical education.
- The syllabus of Nepal MBBS remains the same throughout.
The subjects of the MBBS Course are divided into major two categories
- Basic Science: – The subjects under this category are taught for the conceptual building of students in the initial years of MBBS Studies in Nepal.
These subjects are:-
- Community Medicine: – They are considered as advanced subjects, yet they are also theoretical in approach.
The following subjects fall under community medicine category:-
- Health Education
- Environmental Health
- Clinical Medicine
Further practical subjects can differ in the selection of major domains by the medical students enrolled for the medical education in Nepal.
Importance of NEET in MBBS Nepal
- In India, nearly 90% of Medical colleges provide enrollment to the students based on the scorecard secured by them in NEET which stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.
- Every year CBSE i.e. Central Board of Secondary Education conducts this exam for the entrance purpose in Medical colleges of India.
- This exam is conducted in April or May.
- Every student who has opted Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as his/her major subjects is eligible to sit in the exam.
- The score of NEET applies to every medical institution in India whether private or government.
- MBBS Nepal is also affected by the score of NEET secured by the students.
- In addition to Nepal medical universities, NEET is important as NEET is the foremost criteria which are important for screening test maintained by Medical Council of India (MCI).
- In MBBS Nepal as well, it is important to clear NEET for appearing in the enrollment list of any college.
More on the Importance of NEET
- NEET also plays an important role for medical students as it provides the certification (By MCI) for practicing Medicine in India after Graduation in MBBS from Nepal or other nations.
- Perhaps, if a student does not will to continue medicine practice in India, there is no compulsion to appear for the MCI screening exam.
- Qualifying the MCI screening exam is very important for students who wish to practice Medicine in India after completion of MBBS from Nepal.
- The student, however, is always advised to prepare for NEET and apply for the exam for betterment in course quality.
- A medical graduate unable to clear the MCI screening test in the first attempt can appear for the second time. Multiple attempts are allowed to medical graduates returning from abroad to practice medicine in India. Some colleges also provide the coaching for MCI screening test during the MBBS Program.
If NEET is not Qualified or Attended: Key Facts
- Many students are unable to clear the NEET examination.
- The reason however is very obvious. About 200 students sit for only one seat in the NEET examination.
- There are a total of 60,000 seats for medical aspirants in both the government and private (cumulative number of seats is 60,000) institutes of Medical Sciences in India.
- On the other hand, the students who sit for the NEET exam are nearly about 6 to 10 lakh.
- The new rules of MCI state that all the colleges must ask students to clear NEET before enrollment.
- The student may be able to secure a seat without clearing NEET but the practice and post-graduation options are still closed for you if you have not cleared the NEET exam.
- Therefore, MCI suggests the medical students to have prior clarification with the importance of NEET to save them from future disadvantages of the same.
Post graduation Options after MBBS from Nepal
- After the completion of graduation in any of the medical course from Nepal MBBS, a student has two options: (i) one is to practice medicine in India (ii) to choose any college or university from Nepal or any other Country for Pursuing Post-graduation degree in the medical field.
- There are plenty of options for subjects from which you can select your subjects of interest to pursue your post-graduation degree.
The subjects offered to the students for selection of one, for post-graduation in the medical field by Nepal medical universities are as follows:
- MD/MS degree in forensic studies
- Masters in Physiology degree
- Masters in Pharmacology degree
- Masters in Community medicine degree
- Masters in Microbiology degree
- Masters in Ear and nose treatment (ENT) degree
- Masters in Pathology
- Masters in Biochemistry
- Masters in Surgery
- Masters in Anatomy degree.
- A student can select any of the subject based degrees from the up listed in terms of having a post-graduation degree in the medical field in Nepal.
- These subjects are widely available in almost every university for the Medical Sciences of Nepal.
- Thus, a student has a great choice menu from which they can select the college based on factors such as affordability, infrastructures, and many more.
Education System in Nepal – Key Facts
- The education system of Nepal medical universities is similar to that adopted by the Indian medical universities.
- As most of the colleges are recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), therefore, the syllabus and books used as per the university regulations are similar to the books used in a medical study in India for MBBS.
- In addition to books, the other documentation and study procedure is also similar in MBBS Nepal to that adapted in India for MBBS.
- The practical knowledge imparted to students is also somewhat similar for helping the students who wish to practice medicine in India after completion of MBBS from Nepal.
- There are many colleges in Nepal for MBBS which are run by the Indian owners and also the administration is in the hands of Indians.
- The faculty present in most of the colleges for teaching the MBBS students are Indians which makes it easy and comfortable for Indian students in terms of language and understanding the pronunciation of various words.
- In India, a student must have his/her MCI certificate in the aspect of practicing medicine in India.
More on the Education System in Nepal
Undoubtedly, MBBS Education in Nepal for medical students in India is a great choice. You have the option to make your choice from State universities in Nepal or government universities in Nepal.
- India has the Medical Council of India for monitoring the actions of the medical department in India and also the colleges associated with it in other countries.
- Similarly, Nepal has its own council named as Nepal Medical Council (NMC) which governs and is accountable for actions of the various organizations including colleges, universities, and medical centers in Nepal.
- Even though the recognition of the Nepal Medical Council is important.
- Medical graduates must qualify the exam conducted by the Medical Council of India (MCI) to practice medicine after completion of graduation from Nepal in medicine.
- Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE) is the name of examination which is conducted by MCI every year on the basis of which, the students are given the certification of approval by MCI to practice the medicine application in country, India.
- This FMGE was initiated by the organization in 2002.
- Therefore, every medical institute which is enlisted in the WHO list of medical universities and recognized by MCI governs the importance of this exam and certification.
- There are also options for higher -education for the students of Nepal.
- They can choose from various courses offered by Nepal Medical Universities such as Masters and Ph.D. level education. Some of the medical universities of Nepal offer postgraduate diplomas in Medical Sciences however the choice of subject may vary from college to college.
- There are many medical universities from which you can choose any other professional and technical courses too.
- These professional courses have equal importance and value in the universal market as the other medical courses have.
FAQs Related to MBBS in Nepal
Is MBBS from Nepal the right decision for Indian medical students?
Studying MBBS in Nepal helps you avoid a number of the processes applicable to the other nations. Moreover, the easy to fulfill eligibility criteria, admission process, and documentation and low tuition fee are the added advantages for the Indian medical students making MBBS from Nepal the right decision.
Is MBBS from Universities in Nepal MCI approved?
The good thing about the universities in Nepal is that most of the universities offering course in medicine are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Health Organisation (WHO).
What are the few advantages with MBBS Nepal?
- No IELTS exam
- The fees for the courses in medicine are comparatively cheaper to Indian medical universities.
- The awarded medical degree by MCI approved Nepal universities are globally recognized.
- The cost of living is low
Does Study MBBS in Nepal require a visa?
Indian students pursuing MBBS from Nepal do not require a visa. Students from Indian can travel to Nepal with their valid proof of identity and passport.
Disadvantages of MBBS Study in Nepal
With all the described comforts and advantages, there are a few factors which can make you reconsider your decision of choosing Nepal MBBS for your destination.
They are as below:
- If you are habitual of speaking and listening to the abroad ascent English, it may take you a lot of time to get clarity in the pronunciation of the words used by most of the faculty members.
- With passing time you may get a better understanding, but initially, this is considered as one of the biggest drawbacks by the international students.
- The internship provided to the international students is actually considered to be wastage by many students as the students are not allowed to touch or make any cuts on the patient body. Overall it is all about observing the things without doing them.
- The real experience is not given to students, as the surgeries during practicals are performed on dummies instead of actual dead bodies like done in India. Therefore, students remain unaware of the real-life problems associated with the surgeries when performed in the operation theatre.
- The addition of Nepalese languages to the syllabus of the universities of MBBS Nepal can be a very big disadvantage for the students who are totally unaware of it or any such language. It is mandatory to learn a local language according to the curriculum of the universities.
If you can overcome all these disadvantages, Nepal is one of the best options for all the Indian students when it comes to selecting a country for MBBS abroad. MBBS Nepal can be the best decision of your life if you can handle small difficulties associated with it. Thus, the conclusion for any medical aspirant would be to choose Nepal MBBS for an affordable and advantageous option for abroad MBBS.
About Kathmandu University
There is one main university offering MBBS and other medical courses in Nepal Kathmandu University.
The colleges under Kathmandu University include:
- Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhara
- College of Medical Sciences Bharatpur
- Nepalgunj Medical College Nepalgunj
- Kathmandu Medical College Kathmandu
- Nepal Medical College Kathmandu
- Nobel Medical College Biratnagar
- Lumbini Medical College Palpa
- Devdaha Medical College Lumbini
- Kathmandu university school of Medical Sciences
- Birat Medical College Biratnagar
- National Medical College Birgunj
- Janki Medical College Janakpur
- KIST Medical College Patan
- Gandaki Medical College Pokhara and many more.
About the Medical Studies in Nepal at Top Medical Colleges in Nepal
- All the colleges have their different fee structures whereas the universities for Nepal MBBS are certainly affordable than that of India, especially the private institutes offering MBBS India.
- These universities charge very little over the number of facilities they provide.
- The annual fees of a general Nepalese medical university/college lie in a range of starting from 40 lakh to 60 lakh for the 5 years of graduation.
- The students, however, pay a legit amount of about 80-90 lakhs for the same graduation course in Indian private colleges for medical studies.
- This is the additional factor that the accommodation and other necessities like clothes, food, etc. are also available at affordable rates and in a wide variety of choices.
- There are a few colleges that provide other features such as installments or quarterly payment of fees for the convenience of students.
- These cost-related factors make Nepal a fair and suitable option for the Indian medical students who want to enroll themselves in a place that makes them feel like their own nation.
- The faculties help students secure the position of their graduates in the list of top doctors practicing medicine in many countries like India, US, etc.
- The overall quality of education and education system in Nepal is good for MBBS programs in Nepal.
Life as a Student in Nepal
- The universities in Nepal are highly administered in a way to provide the overall development of a student.
- It does not promote the “book worm making policy”, often adapted by many medical colleges.
- The very first instinct on hearing the word “medical college” is a place full of books and students who have a focus on those books only. This myth is not supported in Nepal medical universities as the universities provide equality to the extracurricular activities.
- The various aspects of college life are allowed to be cherished and experienced via college itself.
- It builds up the confidence and works on factors like bodily skills, emotional maturity, leadership quality, and other such factors that will support them throughout their lifetimes.
- The medical schools for MBBS in Nepal recognized by MCI has set up some ground rules for the rotating internships also.
- Any student of the college affiliated to NMC is not allowed to select a rotating internship except the hospitals or practice clinics provided by the college.
- The scheduled chart is then forwarded to the Nepal Medical Council, which on the basis of those charts governs the quality of education and also the licensing examination is based on those charts itself.
- The infrastructure and the atmosphere of Nepal universities make it very easy and convenient for the Indian MBBS students to survive in a different nation.
- The students get support from the faculty members and also the local folks of the country.
Highlights of Nepal
- Nepal is an Asian country situated in the beds of the great Himalayas.
- Nepal is one of the neighboring countries for India and thus has gathered much attention of the Indian medical students towards the trends of medical science in its universities.
- Having one of its biggest attraction points which are the world’s highest peak, the Mount Everest.
- The country is well known for the mountains and scenery.
- Nepal is a neighboring country of India and China. =4hus, shares a lot in common with the cultures of both the nations.
Geography of Nepal
- Nepal – a landlocked country
- Time zone – Nepal Time (UTC+05:45)
- Extreme points of Nepal – High: Mount Everest 8,848 m (29,029 ft.)
- Land boundaries: 2,926 km
- Population of Nepal: 29,609,623(2019 estimate)
- Nepal – 48th most populous country
- Area of Nepal: 147,181 km2
Nepal has a wide range of choices for climatic conditions as well. All the five seasons i.e. summer, winter, monsoon, and autumn can be well seen for a considerable duration of the year.
Nepal is a heaven for the trekkers. The high mountain ranges help you to find adventure with each step taken in the high and snowy mountains.
Culture of Nepal
- Folklore is the internal part of Nepal culture.
- The tradition of Nepal is very attractive and on the same hand consists of interesting believes.
- The culture of Nepalese society is, however, its best tourist attraction.
- The languages adapted in Nepal are not bound to any official language.
- As per the 2011 census, 123 languages are spoken in Nepal.
- Nepal’s linguistic heritage has evolved from three major language groups: Indo-Aryan, Tibeto-Burman, and indigenous.
- Nepal has several other temples and Buddhist hermitages, as well as places of worship of other religious groups.
- Languages spoken in Nepal are majorly Indo-Aryan languages which consist of Hindi, Bengali and many more.
- It is also very famous for the range of spices and the quality of mustard oil.
- The people are very friendly and accept different cultures and people from different cultures very easily (according to visitor reviews).
- The other thing which attracts the tourists is the infrastructure of the buildings which are still designed and created with a touch of ethnic traditions and have a glimpse of hermitages.