KERALA NEET UG COUNSELLING 2020
KEAM 2019 stands for “Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical is an entrance examination” is the Governing body for admissions to various professional degree courses in the state of Kerala, India. It is conducted by the Office of the Commissioner of Entrance Exams (CEE) run by the Government of Kerala.
In year 2019, Kerala opened the door for non Kerala domicile also to participate in the state private medical colleges. There are 10 Govt. and 19 Pvt. Medical colleges in Kerala, which offers 910 and 2625 seats respectively.
There were 4 phases in which counseling took place namely 1st round, 2nd round, mop up round and stray round. Registration for KEAM was open only during the first round of counseling. There was no physical verification of document required before the start of counseling round.
Mop round is a physical round, where candidates are asked to come for the seat selection as per the availability of the seats.
Stray round is being conducted by respective college depending upon seat availability. Students are required to prepare DD and come to the college with requisite documents.
Get My University Observations
According to Get My University survey, we found Kerala being most economical state, when we compared fees in Pvt. Medical colleges across India. Quality of education is at par, colleges infrastructure is in proper shape, availability of the cadaver also in optimum figures, and college managements are very cooperative to students of all diversity.
According to Get My university survey and research, we found that many of the students who got very good rank but in spite of that they were not able to get top ranking college, the sole reason was lack of knowledge in terms of counseling process, which round they should attempt, what are the colleges they opt. Under our guidance we have seen many happy faces who finally got settled into a better one, whereas there were many who sacrificed and settled in a lesser ranking colleges.
The whole idea of understanding the counseling round is that, one should get what they deserve. Sometime due to inexperience and lack of proper guidance, students do not understand the importance of various round being conducted. They tend to compromise on the college.Do we really have to attend all the rounds?
Answer is not necessarily. Instead you do the study and carefully go for choice filling. It is our sincere advice to applicant to keep checking KEA website or connect with team at Get My University.
highlights kerala COUNSELLING
|Name of the Organisation||KEAM - 2019(CEE)|
|Exam Name||NEET (National Eligibility & Entrance Test)|
|No of Participating Colleges||Government : 10 Private: 19|
|Domicile Status||Open for all for Pvt. Seats, Domicile applicable on Govt seats|
|Cutoff for Government Colleges||Round 1: GN - 10890 Round 2: GN - 11273|
|Cutoff for Private Colleges||Round 1: GN - 32276 Round 2: GN - 41948|
|Categories for Students||GENERAL / OBC / SC / ST|
|Number of Seats||Government : 910 Private : 2625 Deemed - 100|
|Average Fee Year Range||Government: 25000 Private: 532000 - 683000|
Counselling schedule for kerala mbbs 2020
Mentioned above is a tentative schedule. Counselling is expected to get delayed due to COVID 19. Fresh schedule will be available as soon it is online.
|Kerala Medical Online Application (First phase)||February 1 2020- Released|
|Closing of online application (First phase)||February 29 2020- Extended|
|One-time correction window||Second week of March 2020*|
|Last date for sending the printout of KEAM Online Application along with supporting documents (First phase)||Last week of March 2020*|
|NEET 2020||May 3 2020|
|Kerala Medical Online Application Starts (Second Phase)||Third week of June 2020*|
|Last Date to fill application form (Second Phase)||Last week of June 2020*|
|Release of NEET Result 2020||June 4 2020*|
|Submission of NEET result details||Second week of June 2020*|
|Document Verification for NRI candidates||To be notified|
|Publication of Kerala MBBS 2020 Merit List||Last week of June 2020*|
|Online Registration of Options (Priority of College etc.)||Last week of June 2020*|
|First Counselling Round Seat Allotment Result||Second week of July 2020*|
|Remittance of Admission Fee and Reporting to College||Second week of July 2020*|
|Window for Online Options Confirmation (Altering priority or deleting options)||Third week of July*|
|Choice filling and locking (Round Two)||To be notified|
|Choice filling and locking - Round Two (after transfer of AIQ seats to the state)||To be notified|
|Result of Round Two||To be notified|
Eligibility in kerAla UG Counselling
- The qualifying examination should be passed with minimum of 50% marks (40% for reserve category candidates) in PCB and English subjects.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
- The lower age limit to apply is 17 years as on 31st December in the year of admission.
- The upper age limit is 25 years and 5 years of age relaxation for reserve categories.
- Only candidates who have qualified in NEET 2019 entrance test by achieving minimum 50 percentile for General and 40 Percentile for SC/ST and OBC will be eligible to participate in the Up NEET 2019 counseling.
- Kerala Domicile candidates can apply for State Govt./Pvt. seats, whereas non domicile are eligible only for Pvt. Seats under Management quota.
COUNSELLING PROCESS of kerala ug
1Firstly, candidates will have to register themselves with KEAM. By paying Rs 20002Candidates can then login to their account as per the schedule and check the seat matrix for the choice filling
3Based on the candidate’s rank, institute cutoff ranks, candidate’s preference, priority, etc., a seat may be allocated to the candidate.
4Candidates can accept the seat allotted and report to the respective college for admissions. Or they can opt for upgradation in round 2
5Subsequent rounds of seat allotment will be conducted as per schedule and candidates can proceed to participate in the further counseling rounds.
6Take a printout of their allotment memo and remit the fee/ balance fee payable to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, at any of the Head Post Offices in Kerala or by way of Online Payment.
list of Documents for kerala ug counselling
- Mop-up counseling Slip
- Demand Draft for the requisite amount
- The candidates who got an admission in any course/college as per the previous allotment conducted by the CEE should produce NOC, Possession Certificate (in original) & the copy of the eligibility certificate (prospectus clause 11.7.1) and the amount of DD mentioned above.
- The candidates who are included in the Kerala State Medical rank list and got admission in any of the Govt. Approved Arts & Science colleges in Kerala can also participate in the Mop-up counseling with NOC, Possession Certificate (in original), the copy of the eligibility certificate (prospectus clause 11.7.1) and the amount of DD mentioned above.
- Other candidates can participate only with TC and originals of the uploaded certificates, (prospectus clause 11.7.1) along with the amount of DD mentioned above.
- Eligibility certificate from any University in Kerala, in the case of candidates who have passed a qualifying examination other than Higher Secondary Examination/Vocational Higher Secondary Examination conducted by Government of Kerala or the examination conducted by CBSE and CISCE.
- Migration Certificate, if applicable.
- Certificate to prove date of birth.
- Data sheet of KEAM 2019.
- Physical Fitness Certificate in the relevant format given in Annexure XVII (b) of the Prospectus
- Candidates who seek admission under NRI quota shall have to produce the original documents to prove NRI claim.Submission of fresh NRI documents to claim un-availed seats under NRI quota
- Relationship certificate of the Sponsor and student to be issued by the Revenue Authorities (Relationship should be established). If the sponsor is the Father/Mother of the applicant, educational certificates of the applicant containing the name of sponsor shall be accepted.
- Overseas Employment Certificate issued by the Employer, attested by the Embassy and if self-employed, it should also be attested by the Embassy. In the case of non-submission of Embassy Certificate, the endorsement in the passport of the sponsor about the employment by the Embassy/Consulate shall be accepted. Certificate issued by the Embassy/Consulate stating that the Sponsor is a Non Resident Indian (NRI) or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) or the Green Card documents shall be accepted in lieu of the Overseas Employment Certificate issued by the Employer and attested by the Embassy.
- Passport with Visa stamped on it and attested by the Embassy.
- A self-affidavit of the relationship between sponsor and the candidate (Sponsorship Certificate).
- The sponsor should be an Indian Citizen/ Overseas citizen of India/ Person of Indian Origin and relevant document to prove the same.
GUIDELINES FOR MOP-UP COUNSELLING
- In the mop-up counseling, transfer will not be permitted to students from a Government Medical College to another Government Medical College and from a Self Financing Medical College to another Self Financing Medical College.
- Transfer will be permitted in the mop-up counseling to students admitted in Self Financing Medical colleges to Government Medical colleges and vice-versa.
- Transfer from NRI seat to Government/Minority seat shall be permitted between two Self Financing colleges or in the same college, even if it is for the same course.
SEAR MATRIX IN kerala mbbs COUNSELLING
|Government Medical College||Kozhikode||Government||250|
|Government T D Medical College||Alappuzha||Government||175|
|Government Medical College||Ernakulam||Government||110|
|Government Medical College||Majeri||Government||110|
|Government Medical College||Palakkad||Government||100|
|Government Medical College||Thrisur||Government||175|
|Government Medical College||Kannur||Government||150|
|Government Medical College||Kottayam||Government||175|
|Government Medical College||Thiruvananthpuram||Government||250|
|Government Medical College||Kollam||Government||110|
|Azeezia Medical College||Kollam||Private||100|
|Believers Church Medical College Hospital||Thiruvalla||Private||100|
|Dm Wayanad Institute of Medical Sciences||Waynad||Private||150|
|Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church Medical College||Kolenchery||Private||100|
|Dr. Somervell Memorial Csi Medical College||Karakonam||Private||100|
|Amala Institute of Medical Sciences||Thrisur||Private||100|
|Malabar Medical College Hospital||Kozhikode||Private||150|
|Mount Zion Medical College||Pathanamthitta||Private||100|
|P K Das Institute of Medical Sciences||Ottapalm||Private||150|
|Sree Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences||Ernakulam||Private||100|
|Travancore Medical College||Kollam||Private||100|
|KMCT Medical College manassery||Kozhikode||Private||150|
|Jubilee Mission Medical College & Research Institute||Thrisur||Private||100|
|MES Medical College||Malappuram||Private||100|
|Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Science||Thiruvalla||Private||100|
|Sree Gokulam Medical College||Thiruvananthpuram||Private||150|
|SUT Medical College||Thiruvananthpuram||Private||100|
|Al Azhar Medical College & Super Speciality Hospital||Thodupuzha||Private||150|
|Karuna Medical College||Palakkad||Private||100|
*Kindly click on page numbers above view fill table contents. You can also search values in top right search bar.
categories abbreviations in kerala counselling
|OBC||Other Backward Class|
|EWS||Economically weaker section|
|PwD||Person with disability|
|NRI||Non resident Indian|
|AM||All India Merit|
|SEBC||Socially and Educationally Backward Classes|
|BH||Other Backward Hindu|
|LA||Latin Catholic and Anglo Indian|
|DV||Dheevara and related communities|
|VK||Viswakarma and related communities|
|KN||Kusavan and related communities|
|BX||Other Backward Christian|
|OE||Other Eligible Communities|
|EO||Other Eligible Communities (with higher income)|
|EC||Communities Eligible For Educational Concessions as in OEC|
|XS||Son / Daughter of Ex-Serviceman|
|DK||Son / Daughter of Defence Killed|
|HR||Son / Daughter of Defence died / in-Harness|
|SD||Son / Daughter of Serving Defence Personnel|
|RP||Son / Daughter of official serving in CRPF / BSF / ITBP / CISF etc|
|DA||Degree holder in Ayurveda|
|DH||Degree / Diploma Holder in Homoeopathy|
|NQ||Nurse (Allopathy) under State Govt. service for MBBS course|
|NH||Nurse (Homoeo) under State Govt. service for BHMS course|
|NY||Nurse (Ayurveda) under State Govt. service for BAMS course|
|CF||Son / daughter / brother / sister of a fisherman|
|SG||Scouts & Guides|
|LG||Farm laborer or son / daughter of a farm laborer of KAU|
|LV||Farm labourer or son / daughter of a farm labourer of KVASU|
|LF||Farm labourer or son / daughter of a farm labourer of KUFOS|
|XS||Son / Daughter of Ex-Serviceman|
|CF||Son / daughter / brother / sister of a fisherman|
|DG||Diploma Holders in Agricultural Science|
|PI||Sports Quota Individual|
|PT||Sports Quota Team|