ESTABLISHED

2005

COLLEGE TYPE

Public

LOCATION

Vellore

Approval

Recognised

Government Vellore Medical College Vellore

Vellore Medical College provides students with a variety of facilities to enhance their learning experience and promote their overall well-being. 

The hospital site, which was once home to a tuberculosis sanatorium, became the foundation for a new educational institution in 1997. The institution, now known as GVMC, began accepting students in 2005 and is affiliated with the prestigious Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University.

GVMC's dedication towards excellence in clinical training has procured it a spot among the main ten arising clinical colleges in India. The fact that GVMC was named the sixth-best college in this survey conducted by India Today is evidence of the hard work and dedication of the college’s faculty, staff, and students.

The college also offers a wide range of courses including biochemistry, dermatology, microbiology, obstetrics, surgery, and much more.

Location Detail of Vellore Medical College

Vellore Medical College, settled in Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India, is a medical institution offering undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses. The college is affiliated with the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University and is recognized by the Medical Council of India.

Seat Detail of Vellore Medical College

The college offers 150 seats for undergraduate medical courses, and the admission process is based on the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The eligibility criteria for admission are that the candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects and must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in these subjects.

The college has a total 150 seats, out of the all-India quota has a reserved 15% share, and the remaining 85% share of the seats are reserved for the state quota. In addition, there are also reserved seats for candidates belonging to scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, and other backward classes.

Particulars Details
 State  Tamil Nadu
 City  Vellore
 Affiliated By  The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University,Chennai
 College Category  Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu

Course, Fees, Duration and Fees of Government Vellore Medical College Vellore

Course Branch Total Seat Course Duration Tution Fee (Per Year)
MBBS General Medicine 100 5.5 Years 13610
MS MS - General Surgery 9 3 Years -
MS MD/MS - Obstetrics & Gynaecology 6 3 Years -
MS MS - Orthopaedics 3 3 Years -
MS MS - Ophthalmology 2 3 Years -
MS MS - Otorhinolaryngology 2 3 Years -
MD MD - General Medicine 10 3 Years -
MD MD - Anaesthesiology 4 3 Years -
MD MD - Paediatrics 6 3 Years -
MD MD - Emergency Medicine 4 3 Years -
MD MD - Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy 2 3 Years -
MCH M.Ch - Neuro Surgery 2 3 Years -

Cut-Offs Government Vellore Medical College Vellore

Seat Type Counselling Type Category Sub Category Domicile Condition Round 1
Rank Yr 2022
Round 2
Rank Yr 2022
AIQ MCC Open Open NO 4793 10067
AIQ MCC EWS EWS NO 9024 14733
AIQ MCC OBC OBC NO 7729 12277
AIQ MCC SC SC NO 49594 85625
AIQ MCC ST ST NO 88248 98059
Government STATE SC SC YES - 65393
Government STATE ST ST YES - 43558
Government STATE GENERAL OC YES - 44992
Government STATE OBC BC YES - 53158

Admission Process - Government Vellore Medical College Vellore

  • The college offers graduate & post graduate

Contact Details

Address Acsr Govt Medical College Dargamitta Nellore

View on Map

Website Go to website...

Email dean.tnvlr[at]nic.in

FREE 24/7 SUPPORT

Get Free & Quality Online Consultation

Medical Admission is a complex process and needs a great amount of pre-planning and a professional approach which can match RIGHT FIT FOR RIGHT STUDENTS.

Team Get My University assists medical aspirants in the following ways:

  • College-level profiling which includes analysis of Clinical Facts & Non-Clinical Facts.
  • Proper budget planning by objectively explaining hidden elements.
  • Clarity about the admission process of multiple states Counselling.
  • Systematic analysis of past year Cutoffs and scientific trend analysis about the future.
  • Planning the admission process in detail to prevent any confusion.

It is not JUST about getting an institute, it is MOST about getting the best institute and a poor candidate profile.

Request a callback