Andhra Pradesh NEET M.B.B.S Counseling
The counseling for Medical & Dental program in ANDHRA PRADESH NEET UG 2020 is being conducted by The “Dr. NTR UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES” commonly known as “NTRUHS”. Counseling will be conducted for the 85% Government & 100% Private Medical & Dental seats.
There are 12 Government, 17 Private Medical College, 1 Deemed and 1 AIIMS in Andhra Pradesh which offers 4656 State quota MBBS seat (Excluding 15% AIQ seat). Seat Allotment for AIIMS & Deemed will be done through centralized Medical Counseling Committee (MCC).
There are 3 rounds of counseling process which includes “Round 1”, “Round 2” and “Mop up” round all three are getting conducted online. If seats are vacant after mop up then college round will be conducted, also known as “Stray round or College level Spot Round”
To participate in the Andhra Pradesh NEET MBBS/BDS counseling process, students have to qualify NEET exam and then register themselves by login to its official website http://ntruhs.ap.nic.in/
HIGHLIGHTS OF ANDHRA PRADESH
NTRUHS Andhra Pradesh
Government & Private
85% Government & 100% Private
Rounds of Counseling
Round 1, Round 2 & Mop up
Type of Seat
Government, Govt. Aided, Private & NRI
General, SC, ST, BC, EWS
No. of Colleges
Government – 12
Private – 17
AIIMS – 1
DEEMED – 1
Government – 12
Private – 14
AIIMS – 0
DEEMED – 0
Government – 0
Private – 3
AIIMS – 1
Deemed – 1
Government – 2360
AIIMS – 50
Private – 2650
Deemed – 150
Cut off – Government
Cut off – Private (Non-minority)
Local – 53683
Non-local – 42541
Management – 220365
Cut off – Private – NRI
SALIENT FEATURES OF ANDHRA PRADESH COUNSELING
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA IN ANDHRA PRADESH
TYPE OF SEATS IN ANDHRA PRADESH
Government seat – Seat offered in a Government Medical/Dental colleges in Andhra Pradesh. (Only Domicile candidate can apply)
A Category Seat – These are Government subsidized seat offered in a Private Medical College to AP Domicile candidates. 50% seats are reserved under this category.
B Category Seat – These are Management quota seat offered at a higher fee structure in a Private Medical College in AP. (Both domicile as well as non-domicile can apply) 35% seats are reserved under this category.
C Category Seat – These are NRI quota seat in a Private Medical College in AP. (Anyone holding NRI quota can apply) 15% seats are reserved under this category.
Get free counselling from the experts
Steps Involved in the Counseling Process
DOCUMENT UPLOAD LIST FOR GOVERNMENT/A/B CATEGORY SEAT
|1||10TH MARKS CARD|
|2||12TH MARKS CARD|
|3||NEET RANK CARD|
|5||PRINT OUT OF ONLINE RESGISTRATION|
|6||MINORITY CERTIFICATE (MUSLIM ONLY)|
|7||PHOTO IDENTITY PROOF (AADHAR)|
|8||CASTE CERTIFICATE (IF APPLICABLE)|
|9||PwD CERTIFICATE (IF APPLICABLE)|
Along with above mentioned documents, NRI need to furnish following additional documents mentioned below:
DOCUMENT UPLOAD LIST FOR GOVERNMENT/A/B CATEGORY SEAT
|1||DECLARATION ON WHITE PAPER BY BOTH CANDIDATE AND NRI|
|2||GREEN CARD/CITIZENSHIP CARD/COPY OF NRI’S BANK STATEMENT FOR LAST 6 MONTHS /PASS-PORT ISSUED BY THE RESPECTIVE COUNTRY/ LATEST ELECTRICITY BILL/GAS BILL /WATER BILL IN THE NAME OF NRI|
Choice after Allotment of Seat
- Option 1 – If you are satisfied with your allotment, you can report to your allotted college.
- Option 2 – You are satisfied but willing to go for up-gradation in next round by retaining your seat, you can opt for up-gradation.
- Option 3 – If you are not satisfied with your allotted college you can take a free exit but you won’t be eligible for remaining rounds of counseling.
|Type of Seat||Type of College||Category||Eligibility||Fee (Minimum – Maximum)|
|Government||Government||Same for All||Andhra Pradesh Domicile||10250 – 77100|
|A Category||Private||Same for All||Andhra Pradesh Domicile||15000|
|B Category||Private||Same for All||Open For All||1200000|
|C Category||Private||Same for All||NRI Candidates||3000000 – 3600000|
- The part of the State comprising the Districts of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna, Guntur and Prakasam (Andhra University Area) shall be regarded as the local area for the purposes of admission to the Andhra University.
- The part of the State comprising the Districts of Adilabad, Hyderabad, Rangareddy, Karimnagar, Khammam, Mahaboobnagar, Medak, Nalgonda, Nizamabad and Warangal shall be regarded as local area for the purposes of admission to the Osmania University
- The part of the State comprising the Districts of Ananthapur, Kadapa, Kurnool, Chittoor and Nellore (Sri Venkateswara University) shall be regarded as local area for the purposes of admission to Sri Venkateswara University
A Candidate for admission shall be regarded as local candidate in relation to a local area:
- If he/she has studied in an Educational Institution or Educational Institutions in such local area for a period of not less than 4 consecutive academic years ending with the academic year in which he/she appeared or as the case may be first appeared in relevant qualifying examination.
- Where during the whole or any part of the four consecutive academic years ending with the academic year in which he/she appeared or as the case may be first appeared for the relevant qualifying examination, he/she has not studied in Educational Institution(s), if he/she had resided in that local area for a period of not less than 4 years immediately preceding the date of commencement of the relevant qualifying examination, in which he/she appeared or as the case may be first appeared.
- Local Status Certificate issued by MRO for claiming as AP local as per Circular Nos. 4136/SPF&MC/2015-5, dated.08.08.2016, 4136/SPF&MC/2015-13, dated. 20.11.2017 & G.O.Ms.No.129, dt: 28-10-2019 of General Administration Dept.
Important Dates of 2021
|Application||To be announced|
|Document Verification||To be announced|
|Seat Matrix||To be announced|
|Choice filling||To be announced|
|Choice filling Editing||To be announced|
|Publication of Mock Result||To be announced|
|Result||To be announced|
|Reporting||To be announced|
Get My University Analysis
Andhra Pradesh is an open State, where students from other State can also participate in AP NEET UG 2020 counseling process. What students need to understand that is the counseling rule post allotment. Once you have been allotted a college, if you will not take admission then you will not be eligible for the remaining rounds of counseling. If you are opting for up-gradation then you need to keep this in your mind that if no up-gradation happens then you will have to continue with your previous option. If your previous option is not satisfactory then do not go for the up-gradation.
We would like to advise aspirants that select your colleges carefully during choice filling. Do not fill those colleges, which you may not be interested to join. As filling all the available options may end up blocking your options ahead in the subsequent rounds.
In Andhra Pradesh NEET UG 2020 16165 students had applied for 4656 Medical seat in the State. This shows 1:3 ratio of seat versus participant. This reflects a very low completion level in the State for the Medical seat.
NEET 2020 cut off for Government College was 40869 for a General category student at Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Kadapa.
frequently asked questions
Ans – Yes 1 year of service bond is applicable.
Ans. For BC-A -7%, BC-B-10%, BC-C-1%, BC-D-7% & BC-E-4%.
Ans – The part of the State comprising the Districts of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna, Guntur and Prakasam (Andhra University Area) shall be regarded as the local area for the purposes of admission to the Andhra University.
The part of the State comprising the Districts of Adilabad, Hyderabad, Rangareddy, Karimnagar, Khammam, Mahaboobnagar, Medak, Nalgonda, Nizamabad and Warangal shall be regarded as local area for the purposes of admission to the Osmania University
Ans. 15% seats are reserved for the Non-local candidates.
Ans – No application opens only once before round 1 of ANDHRA PRADESH NEET UG counseling 2020.
Ans – Yes you need to do fresh choice filling in every round of counseling process.
Ans – Yes they can apply for Management quota seat under B and C category in the Private Medical Colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
Ans – Andhra Medical College, Kurnool Medical College and Guntur Medical College are among top MBBS College in ANDHRA PRADESH.
Ans. – It was 44715 rank.
Ans – Candidates who have resided in the State for a total period of ten years excluding periods of study outside the State or either of whose parents have resided in the State for a total period of ten years excluding periods of employment outside the State.
Candidates who are children of parents who are in the employment of this State or Central Government, Public Sector Corporation, Local Bodies, Universities and other similar quasi Public Institution within the State
Candidates who are spouses of those in the employment of the State or Central Government Public Sector Corporations, Local Bodies, Universities and educational institutions recognized by the Government or a University or Other competent authority and similar other quasi Government institutions within the State