Want to apply for MBBS at CMC Vellore in 2024?
This comprehensive guide on CMC Vellore 2024 will assist you with the qualifying requirements, courses offered, campuses, admissions procedure, documents, fees, expected 2024 and 2023 cutoff, seat matrix and some frequently asked questions.
About CMC Vellore
Christian Medical College, CMC Vellore is a private medical college and one of the finest medical colleges in India, along with an excellent academics one can experience huge patient exposure, at an affordable annual fee (one of the cheapest Medical College in India – CMC Vellore). Since there are very limited seats available on an All-India Basis, getting a seat is not very straightforward.
CMC Vellore Highlights 2024
|CMC Vellore Full Form
|Christian Medical College
|Type of Institution
|Private Medical College
|CMC Vellore Established Year
|CMC Vellore Hospital
|Nearly 2500 beds for-in patients, and over 8,000 outpatients are treated on daily basis in main hospital and peripheral units
|CMC Vellore Ranking
|In NIRF 2023 Ranking, CMC Vellore ranked 3rd among all medical colleges in India
|CMC Vellore Location
|Christian Medical College, IDA Scudder Rd, Vellore, Tamil Nadu 632004
|CMC Vellore Flagship Course
CMC Vellore MBBS Admission Dates 2024
|Tentative Date for 2024
|1st week of March 2024
|Last Date to Submit Online MBBS Application
|1st week of April 2024
|Last Date to Submit supporting documents
|2nd week of April 2024
|Last Date for receipt of certificate forms from Minority Network Organisation
|4th week of April 2024
|Online submission of NEET (UG) score
CMC Vellore Courses
Christian Medical College, CMC Vellore offers a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate courses, namely-
|Courses Offered by CMC Vellore
• MSc Epidemiology
CMC Vellore Campuses
Christian Medical College (CMC Vellore) has two main campuses:-
1. Vellore City Centre :- it is the main campus of CMC Vellore that is located in the center of Vellore City.
2. Bagayam :- Another campus of CMC Vellore is located about 6 kilometers away from the main campus. It serves as the center for MBBS and allied health students at the medical college. In addition, there are three clinical services and a sizable medical staff resident community.
Other Campuses of Christian Medical College
3. Chittoor Campus
4. Kannigapuram Campus
5. Schell Campus
6. Town Campus
7. College of Nursing Campus, Kagithapattarai
8. Ranipet Campus
CMC Vellore Admission Criteria
There will be 100 applicants per year for the MBBS programme, and the seats will be distributed as follows:
A) Management Quota
In CMC Vellore, 50% of the seats are filled by the management quota which is on the basis of inter-se-merit as per NEET results. Selection for the same is based on three broad categories, namely-
Open – 2 seats
Minority Network – 38 seats
CMC Vellore Staff Quota – 10 seats
B) Government Quota
And the remaining 50% of the CMC Vellore seats will be filled by the State Government from state merit list of NEET exam in the following steps-
1. The State Government will fill thirty percent of the seats fully in accordance with its reservation policy and the NEET merit list.
2. Candidates for the State Government who belong to the Christian minority in the State and who are strictly ranked on the NEET merit list will occupy 20% of the seats.
Eligibility Criteria for CMC Vellore MBBS Admission 2024
If a student wants to get admitted to CMC Vellore in 2024, they must meet certain prerequisites, which are as follows:
1. A candidates should have passed the qualifying examination equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary period of 12 years of study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology with English.
2. A candidate for admission to the medical course must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany and Zoology taken together)/Bio- technology at the qualifying exam (40% aggregate for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
3. Candidates should have passed in all subjects of the qualifying examination of the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (Academic) conducted by the Tamil Nadu State Board or any other equivalent examination in one and the same attempt in the subjects.
4. Candidates should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or should complete the said age on or before 31st December of the said year. Please check the admission page on the CMC website for updated information.
How to take admission in CMC Vellore of MBBS in 2024?
Following are the steps that must be taken if a student meets all eligibility requirements and is ultimately accepted to CMC Vellore in 2024. CMC Vellore MBBS Admission 2024 will be on the basis of NEET 2024 and will be conducted through Tamil Nadu State Counselling.
Step 1 – Visit the official website of CMC Vellore ( www.cmch-vellore.edu/)
Step 2 – Click on the “Registration” link on the homepage
Step 3 – Fill out the application form with accurate details like name, address and educational details.
Step 4 – Upload the documents carefully including scanned photograph and signature.
Step 5 – Pay the applicable fees through online mode.
Step 6 – Preview the details and click on submit
Step 7 – Take a hardcopy of the form for further admission procedure
Furthermore, since the allocation procedure will be conducted through centralised state counselling, applicants already need to apply through Tamil Nadu State Counselling.
Documents Required for CMC Vellore MBBS Admission 2024
Some of the documents required for getting admission in CMC Vellore are as follows -
• Marks sheet of class 10+2
• Graduation/ Post graduation mark sheet
• Entrance examination scorecard
• Transfer certificate/ Migration certificate
• Date of birth certificate
• Reservation certificate if applicable
• Identification certificate
• Passport size photographs
MBBS Expected Cut off 2024
CMC Vellore MBBS Cut off 2023
665 Was the cut off for open seats under management quota in 2023
421 For Christian Minority
|General Category (under management quota)
Every year, the CMC Vellore cutoff rises dramatically, making it impossible for a large number of candidates to be admitted. It basically means that entering subsequent rounds of counselling will certainly make it hard for you to be admitted to CMC if you do not get a MBBS seat in Round 1.
CMC Vellore Fee structure
Many students aspiring to become doctors choose CMC Vellore because it offers outstanding education at an inexpensive cost, making it possible for students to obtain best of education.
|MBBS Annual Tuition Fees
|One time college fee at the time of admission
|Other Annual Fee
|One-time payment to university
|CMC Vellore MBBS Total Fee
|Hostel charges - Deposits and Advances