It can be a quite challenging for a management graduate to compare or choose between the two elite B-schools. Given that NMIMS Mumbai and IMT Ghaziabad are two of the most renowned management schools in India.
This thorough comparison of the two respected national schools is provided based on certain criteria to assist you in making a more informed decision regarding your professional path.
Get My University always believes in providing honest and most critical reviews without any sugar quoting which can assist aspirants in making an informative decision.
Our expert team is always available for any professional help with complete information to the best of our knowledge.
- IMT Ghaziabad, also known as the Institute of Management Technology Ghaziabad, is located in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- NMIMS Mumbai, officially known as the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, is a prominent educational institution located in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. one of the primary campuses is located in Vile Parle.
- IMT Ghaziabad, established in 1980, is a premier business school in India. It was founded by Dr. K. Nath Public Trust with a vision to offer high-quality management education. Over the years, IMT Ghaziabad has earned a strong reputation for academic excellence and expanded its programs to include PGDM, Executive PGDM, and Ph.D. It is accredited by prestigious bodies like AACSB and NBA. The institute's focus on research, coupled with its modern campus and infrastructure, has contributed to its prominence in the field of management education. Its influential alumni network and continued commitment to grooming future business leaders further enhance its legacy.
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) Mumbai was established in 1981. It is a renowned private educational institution in India. NMIMS Mumbai began as a management institute offering a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM). Over the years, it has grown to become a multidisciplinary university with various campuses and programs, including undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral offerings. NMIMS is popularly known for its emphasis on academic excellence, research, and industry-oriented education. The institution has a strong presence in Mumbai and a growing reputation for producing skilled professionals and leaders in various fields.
• The Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad has a sprawling and picturesque campus spread across 14 acres of lush green land and is equipped with all facilities like a library, real-time laboratories, wi-fi, cafeteria, seminar halls, and hostels for boys and girls.
• NMIMS Campus is spread across 5,50,000 sq. feet in Mumbai, the financial and commercial hub of India with 60+ classrooms equipped with the latest technology and facilities. NMIMS has a mind-blowing infrastructure with air conditioning services and luxurious facilities. Hostel, Library, Cafeteria, and Auditorium are all part of the NMIMS Campus. The campus is fully Wi-Fi enabled with video streaming in each classroom and a video conferencing facility on each floor.
The total number of seats available under each program at the Institute of Management Technology Ghaziabad are.
PGDM – 420
PGDM- BFS – 60
PGDM- DCP – 180
FPM – 10
Accepted Exams: CAT, XAT, GMAT
NMIMS invites applications for admission to the MBA Programme, MBA Human Resources, MBA Pharmaceutical Management, and Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Programme. The availability of seats in all the programmes is 600 seats. The exam required to clear for pursuing MBA is NMAT i.e. Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test.
- The fee for the PGDM programs at IMT Ghaziabad is INR 19,53,000
- The total fees for NMIMS MBA program is INR 23.90 lakhs for 2 years.
- IMT Ghaziabad PGDM CAT & XAT Cutoff is 93+ while the Candidates must score a minimum of 650+ in GMAT.
- The NMAT Cut Off 2023 is the minimum score you need to require to qualify for MBA and PGDM courses at NMIMS. NMIMS Mumbai’s NMAT cutoff is 235+.
- IMT Ghaziabad Placement 2023
According to the latest placement report, IMT Ghaziabad has concluded its PGDM/MBA placements for 2023 with 100% placements and 75 PPOs with a participation of 150+ recruiters.
The highest package increased by 5.8% at INR 65.6 LPA and the average package increased by 13.5% at INR 17.35 LPA. The PGDM ExP batch also concluded with an average package of INR 21.37 LPA. During IMT Ghaziabad placements 2023 more than 150 recruiters participated among which 40% were first-time recruiters. Some of the top recruiters included Amazon, Bain & Co., Bank of America, Deloitte, HDFC Bank, IBM, Infosys, KPMG, Microsoft, Wipro etc.
- NMIMS Mumbai Placements 2023
During the MBA placement drive, 36% of the batch were placed through PPOs.
NMIMS Mumbai highest package stood at INR 67.80 LPA whereas NMIMS Mumbai average package stood at INR 26.63 LPA. A total of 148 recruiters participated in the MBA placement drive among which 52 were first-time recruiters & 84 were Fortune 500 recruiters. Some of the top recruiters included Aditya Birla Capital, American Express, Goldman Sachs, Crisil etc.
IMT Ghaziabad is accredited by the AACSB and has approvals from the SAQS, AIU, and NBA. IMTG currently offers six AICTE approved programmes.
- NMIMS Mumbai is accredited by AACSB globally and is also accredited by NAAC and NBA
1. The rankings of the PGDM/MBA programs at IMT Ghaziabad are as follows:
- NIRF 2023: IMT Ghaziabad was ranked 38th under the Management category.
- IIRF 2023: IMT Ghaziabad was ranked 6yh among private colleges.
- Business Today 2023: IMT Ghaziabad was ranked 13th overall, 14th for the Executive MBA, and 15th for the 1-year MBA program.
- India Today 2023: IMT Ghaziabad was ranked 6th among private B-Schools in india.
2. The rankings of the PGDM/MBA programs at NMIMS Mumbai are as follows:
- NIRF 2023: NMIMS Mumbai was ranked 21st under the Management category.
- India Today 2023: NMIMS Mumbai was ranked 10th out of 272 colleges in India.
1. IMT Ghaziabad offers various specialization tracks for their PGDM/MBA programs. Here are some of them:
- Marketing Management
- Finance Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information Management and Analytics
- Operations Management
2. NMIMS Mumbai offers a wide range of postgraduate management programs to add value to your existing knowledge. Here are the specializations offered by NMIMS Mumbai for PGDM/MBA programs:
- MBA (Human Resources)
- MBA (Pharmaceuticals Management)
- MBA Digital Transformation
- MBA Business Analytics
- MBA (Law)
- MBA Part-Time (Marketing, Finance, HRM, Operations, Information Systems) specialization will be offered in 2nd year
- Part-Time MBA in Social Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in Social Entrepreneurship
- Post Graduate Diploma in Data Science & Analytics
- PGDM - Post Graduate Diploma in Management Program (Executive)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Financial Services
- MBA in Real Estate Management
- MBA in Health Care Management
- Entrepreneurship and Family Business Management MBA (Entrepreneurship & Family Business Management)
- MBA (Entrepreneurship)
- Family Managed Business Administration (F-MBA)
Get My University Analysis:
IMT Ghaziabad and NMIMS Mumbai are prestigious business schools in India. If we talk about IMT Ghaziabad, it boasts a strong reputation, particularly in finance and marketing, with a well-qualified faculty. Also, as it is located in Delhi NCR, provides access to a diverse range of corporate opportunities. NMIMS Mumbai, on the other hand, offers a wide variety of MBA programs and is situated in the financial and entertainment capital of India.
Both schools have an impressive placement record and NMIMS Mumbai has its alumni network steadily growing while the alumni network of IMT Ghaziabad is well established as IMT Ghaziabad has a longer history than NMIMS Mumbai
The choice should hinge on your program preferences, location preferences, financial considerations, and the specific culture and campus life you seek. Both institutions offer unique strengths, making a campus visit and in-depth research crucial in your decision-making process.